Sunday, November 16, 2014

Successful Start

I harvested some seeds from two mini plum tomatoes which I bought from the store on last week  and left them for fermentation. I let the seeds fermented longer (recommended was 3 days I did it for almost one week).  Seed drying took 3 days and I had 8 seeds germinated on a wet paper towel and guess what? 75% of them started to grow root. 

Germinated seeds today. So happy to see those tiny root.

Seeds being dried out on baking paper.

The two garlics have sprouted.

 The brown 'root' turned out to be the sprout. Interesting that it grew upright from the bottom.

The third avocado pit has split and you can see the sprout already. The second one showed a slight split.

Potatoes chitted rather nicely. The sprouts should be in green with purple base. The potato at 5 o'clock wasn't meant be chitted but it sprouted in the kitchen and the shoots are pale - not really a good one but I will try it anyway.

1 comment:

  1. will be interesting to see how your tomato seedlings going through ....

    ReplyDelete