Sunday, November 2, 2014

Edibles Update

The onions are really thriving I'm very happy that I'm finally able make food out from my balcony garden. I made kimchi with the onion leaves since the scallions are, well, misbehaving with me.


I'm also happy to report that the avocado grew more roots and a brown one seems to come out too. I'm waiting for its shoot! I'm germinating an extra pit too.


Trying my luck and different way to germinate tomato (left) and poppy seeds (right). 

 My knob of ginger died (Probably over-watering again) so I tried again with this one. Doing water propagation this time instead.

 My hydrangea's amazing - just here a bit droopy as the weather was hot and sunny today. 

Was curious on what's underneath those leaves - the hydrangea's growing a lot of new shoots.

My current plumeria cuttings - the bigger one (Penang Peach from FTS) has formed roots and I'm slowing down the growth as I don't really need two Penang Peaches. The middle one is Aussie Pink which hasn't grown any root yet but I definitely noticed strong calluses especially on the branch. The smaller is a hollow-stemmed NOID. It's plumped up at the base but still no root.

 A new cutting I acquired two weekends ago and I clingwrapped it - it's forming nice callus despite the pith having a little pink spot which I've wiped with alcohol swab and it turned green.

My Purslane is yellow!

No comments:

Post a Comment