Saturday, November 8, 2014

Happiness is Seeing Them Grow and Healthy

Finally cut my first two hydrangea blooms and vased them. I didn't cut them immediately as I wanted to find out how long can the bloom last and let me tell you - it can last more than a month on the plant!

The third bloom and possibly the largest head - it was shocking pink when it's at its peak.


I've been hooked on hortchannels on YT especially this and it inspired me even more to work on my own kitchen garden.

The tomato seeds and poppy seeds that I tried germinating failed. I gave up on poppies but I'm trying another technique for the tomatoes - seed saving by fermenting tomato seeds from fresh ripe tomatoes that I bought from the local supermarket (I chose mini plum variety).

I'm also chitting some Aussie potatoes. A quick Google tells me it's a white variety - could be a Nadine or a Coliban (probably the latter, I have no idea!). I chose the potatoes that already have little shoots but some of them are black, I hope the potatoes were no treated.

My single garlic plant is doing pretty well and I'm looking forward to harvest it next June. I've also planted two more garlic cloves today. I should start to find out on how to cure them since I've already know how to plait them. 
I'm so impressed by elephant garlic but I don't think I have ever seen any here. One bulb can feed the whole village!

No comments:

Post a Comment