Friday, September 22, 2017

Seed Saving and Sowing

I'm attempting to save seeds for snow peas and borlotti beans. Let's hope it works.

Another grand project of mine is to grow sunflower on the tiny slope facing the kitchen window. It's so uninspiring, sad and full of weeds. I've sowed about 75 seeds of Mexican Giant and American Giant. Let's hope for the best.

American giants. I bought the seeds quite cheaply via Carousell.

Mexican giants. These were sowed almost a week earlier.

Happy to see most of the seeds have germinated.

Things are going pretty ok for the veggie except there are a lot of weed seedlings especially caladium seedling. Annoying. The plants are growing at different stages but doing ok. I'm quite disappointed with my edamame seed germination skills. I bought 20 seeds and only 9 seeds survived.

My house is infested with these caladiums! Another variety is the green-leafed and they are lot on my veggie plot so I'm trying to sell them off.

Since I'm home most of the time, I'm earning extra income by offering boarding service for dogs. This is the pack (2 goldens, 2 pugs, 1 shih tzu and 1 Maltese) for the weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment