Saturday, December 27, 2014

My Hands Itched...

So I couldn't help but to do a little more gardening after posting the last entry! Equipped with my wide-brimmed summer hat and suede gloves (I forwent the latter as I was not able to have a good grip of everything, I made a mess), I braved the hot weather and I:

1. transplanted my arugula seedlings to a planter after I noticed the roots grew out of the sowing pots, maybe that's why they are yellowing. I hope I'm right.
2. halved the arugula seedling planter with sowing two rows of Red Romaine

3. also transplanted the English Lavender seedlings to a pot as the roots also grew out

4. transplanted the strongest kaffir lime seedling to a pot. Yes I knew I said I would do it after holiday but I couldn't help myself

5. sowed more basil seeds as the last failed. I'm doing the sandwich style - I figured I failed the last time because the roots were exposed and they turned black before the shoots did so it had to be the problem.

6. Fertilized most of the plants with Starbucks coffee ground and vermicompost.

There you go. I feel so much better as I haven't been doing much gardening lately. Truth be told, I wouldn't stop doing more, if only I wasn't out of soil. I could have transplanted the basil into a bigger pot and maung pani plumeria which has been making the cut mineral water bottle as a residence since day 1 to a lovely pot that I bought long time ago. A trip to the nursery is in order to stock up my soil. And stocking up Yates' Fish Emulsion which my hydrangea loved so much. It seemed the blooms were bigger when I used that compared to Miracle-Gro. The shade also shifted from pink to lilac.
One of the earliest blooms which was almost true pink. I noticed as it has now a slight blue tinge to it.


I want my pink back!

Enough of hydrangea whining. An update on my ginger. It's growing!

This is fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment