Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Little Update

I was away for the week for work so I didn't do much except germinating some basil genovese seeds before I left (only 3 of them germinated).

After coming back, I prepped the kaffir lime seeds from the kaffir limes I got from my dad's tree and germinated them. Outer layer of the seeds were peeled off and I soaked them in wet paper towel for germination.


Speaking of my dad, his plot currently is full of pumpkin seedlings that grew out from my brother's compost it's hilarious. My dad grows mostly fruit trees and ornamental plants- mango, malabar plum (sweet-smelling fruit that's very susceptible to worms!), kaffir lime, apple mint, desert rose (whole lot of them!) and orchids. I recently gave him a lemon tree which flourished under Lumut's sun. I also introduced My Lestary Seeds to my brother so there's a huge possibility they might start growing vegetables. I hope they do. :)

 My lemon tree finally died so I cleared it to plant my avocado seedling.

Update on my self-watering system using wine bottle with my hydrangea- well, it didn't work, my hydrangea was so dehydrated. However an hour of watering, it bounced back. I am definitely going to invest in an Ikea self-watering pot as I will be away for a week after Christmas and I don't want to put the hydrangea in stress again.
Other than that, my potatoes are growing away but my kohlrabi seeds aren't. Heh. Might be placing a new order from My Lestary Seeds since I have higher success rate with her seeds although I will point out that only one lavender seed germinated.
Since I will be going away again soon, I will be putting off germinating some of the lettuce seeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment