Saturday, December 27, 2014

Fickle Weather and A Quick Garden Update

The day started with overcast dark heavy clouds and it was pretty cold to be honest - the BF had to cover himself with a throw whilst sitting on the balcony reading his book. 
Within an hour, the clouds blown over to another area unveiling a happy sun. Oh it was so hot we had to evacuate the balcony. LOL. I suppose my plumeria troop would be happier.

The Spanish aloe vera BF's mom brought from Germany. It was dying after it was potted but I withheld watering for almost one month it grew a new leaf.

My cute purslane. It seems the left side is diseased whilst the right side is growing fantastically!


 BF's monkey pitcher's growing taller that it hooked itself onto the rope for stability.

My water-loving hydrangea withered a bit despite lower-than-usual-temperature. Gotta amp up my self-watering system on Monday!

My arugula seedlings turned yellow. Have I done something wrong? Shot an email to the seed seller for advice.

Went to the local florist after breakfast and bought this cute cactus for BF. He has a bowl of cacti at work. A few died so it's time to replace them.

And some roses and 'mums to brighten up the apartment. :)


A broken rose and a few stray 'mums at the balcony. Never waste!

Meanwhile, my kaffir lime seeds are growing pretty well despite at different rate, in fact one of them has a set of true leaves already. To encourage growth, I removed the husk of some of the seedlings and re-positioning them. I can say the success rate to this germination is 70% which is very high. :) I should potting them soon after I come back from a short new year holiday. I will be keeping two and giving away the rest to a tree society unless any of you local gardeners want it I can give them to you. Let me know at the comments section!

This is the mother plant.

No comments:

Post a Comment