Sunday, February 23, 2014

Plumeria Update

I woke up to a wrinkly plumeria this morning, I'm not doing it right. Whilst the flowers are still blooming albeit with a shorter life span, the stems of the plumeria feels softer and you can see it's starting to shrivel up. 



Seeing that as a bad sign, I quickly did what I learned from Jacob's Plumeria YouTube:

 
My cutting is pretty big, nearly 2 feet so I plonked it into my big vase. I'm not so confident about salvaging this cutting as I have had bad experience and I'm quite impatient. 
Meanwhile I called a nursery that's nearer to my place and asked if they have stock, which they don't unfortunately, instead I asked for some advice from the owner. He did say plumerias are hardy and put in under the shade (well, mine's indoor) and let it be. Plumerias grow pretty slowly anyway. Hah, I'm so impatient.
I'm also looking into getting more, perhaps a yellow one and another deep red. I would like to put some plumerias at the balcony. 

No comments:

Post a Comment