Thursday, February 20, 2014

DIY: Pesticide

I learned about homemade pesticide when I googled about pesticide soap. I posted my acclimatized hydrangea's issue on a gardening forum and one suggested to use pesticide soap. When I googled it, one YouTube video should how to make pesticide yourself; cayenne + garlic + onion boiled in water. So far, I've sprayed on it and since the pesticide is non-evasive and 'organic', I also sprayed on my fiddleleaf fig as few of the leaves are spotty.
How cool is that there's such a thing! I will definitely share that with my dad. Here's an article of homemade pesticides that you may consider if your plants needs SOS. 
Another poster suggested that it could the start of powdery mildew infestation. He suggested some chemical stuff but I'm keen to try on the homemade ones: milk:water 1:4 ratio and another is 1 gallon water + baking soda+1 drop liquid soap. 
On another note, I plucked a pod of red balsam when I was at one of the nurseries (I'm naughty, I know) and I forgot it in the car. It popped so I chucked them into a pot yesterday, oh sweet they are sprouting.


No comments:

Post a Comment