Monday, February 24, 2014

New Addition and Other Existing Members

I succumbed to my desire and bought a water lily from a nursery closer to my neighbourhood, Garden Mart at Tropicana. 
The staff helped me choose a small one with 2 flower buds (me without knowing the colour) and he put a couple of water fertilizer tablets for me. It was unfortunate that it was the only nursery that was still opened yesterday as I went there pretty late after work. I could see so many plumerias! I would definitely make another trip to get more fiddle leaf fig and plumeria. The ones they have are too huge. Madagascar dragon tree was an option but a 3 footer costs almost RM100, I have to say no.
What a lovely suprise, the water lily greeted me with a gorgeous bloom this morning. :) It is lovely soft fuchsia. My phone couldn't capture the true colour.



What's great about this water lily is it's miniature in size. Look at how small the bloom is! I'm planning to find a deep clear glass fruit bowl for it so I have it as the centrepiece for the dining table. I'll be using black-coloured stones instead of heavy soil like clay as not to cloud the water. A couple of fish in there would be so awesome! Can you imagine that?!

Anyway, we do have other plants that I have not introduced yet, well they are actually BF's:

Mini cacti garden that BF's taking to his office. We bought them from Cameron Highlands. One succulent died :\ The stripey darker green succulent is my favorite.

BF's pitcher plant, also from Cameron Highlands. The pitchers dried out. The staff removed the liquid from the pitchers upon purchase and we didn't think of refilling them (BF thought it will excrete the liquid itself, he could be right? We don't know). We aren't sure if that caused them to dry out, I tried to find answers at petpitcher forum but I was too lazy to pore through it, I couldn't find any pinned beginner's guide. A google a couple days showed we should fill the pitchers. Ahaha. 

My balsams are sprouting. All the seeds sprouted. Good boost for me. It's red, if I can remember correctly.

My aster propagation using root hormone. Not putting much expectation but they are looking ok right now.

 How my plumeria currently looks like. I feel kind of sad, I'm so tempted to go out and buy another one!

No comments:

Post a Comment