Monday, June 26, 2017

One Step at a Time

The Bifurcatums sisters had their twice-weekly bath today and I noticed they really like it here, they are showing some growth! 

Speaking of platyceriums, I'm currently also acquiring 2 more platys from a fellow member of a Platy group but they are of unknown ID, not Bifarcatum for sure though! I'm really hoping the Ridleyi I should be getting tomorrow will be a gorgeous one. Ridleyi is one platy that I MUST have. Take a look at her and you will see why. She's perfection.

Anyway, I probably killed my basil plants when I was cleaning the balcony, I broke two of the three plants and another I pulled out as I noticed there was white stuff around the root system. The basil plants grew a lot of aerial roots so I figured they would actually survive but the picture will tell you otherwise. Among the basil, nestled a couple of sweet potato slips that I missed out when I was transplanting. By the way, the transplanted slips did not survive.

The heirloom tomato plants however surprised me a lot. They have started to flower despite the lack of size. 


Yesterday's spring cleaning also brought my attention to my lovely Ylang-Ylang who has never failed to flower, she's getting taller than me!

A random shot of the bamboos at our building vicinity. It's interesting/hilarious to see they grow sideways, instead of upwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment