Monday, June 26, 2017

Building My Own Urban Jungle

I decided to clean my balcony up and so I spent RM80 getting a new garden hose (bought a wrong one and had to buy another).  It was such a b*tch de-kinking the new hose I was throwing a b*tch fit. All I wanted to do was just cleaning my balcony.
In the end, I threw the hose in the dryer and spin for 10 minutes, they came off hot and easier to handle. After spending almost 2 hourse scrubbing the floor and some of the pots that covered with those ugly mineral deposits, KL decided to rain, scratch that, it was not rain - it was a storm so my balcony was dirty again. Thank you very much.

That aside, I would like to point out that this apartment has the best sunlight, it is VERY bright so I should take advantage of this although I have to be careful and be selective with the plants I want grow indoor. I've started with 2 platyceriums (the humble and common bifurcatum) and tomorrow I should be getting at least a Ridleyi as the nursery texted me this morning saying she has one coming in. I've missed out a P. Wallichii and a P. Elephantotis at a very cheap price last week for I wasn't sure if it's a Bifurcatum. Having that said, my quest for platyceriums has been very challenging.
Lesson learnt, that one. 
I'm quite fascinated with kokedama and am thinking if I should do kokedama for the hanging plants or should I just use pots. 

No comments:

Post a Comment