Monday, April 3, 2017

Pictorial (So Belated)

Was a little busy of the week.
Edamame blooms come in few colors apparently, I have purple and white so far. I believe there's also yellow.

Tiny pods forming!

Gorgeous Bali Hai Gold, as usual.

I trimmed the Adenium and am thinking to give the avocado seedlings away but to whom??? Meanwhile the lavender revived.

Avocado Miki.


  A shot of the Magnolia Lily for future comparison.
Lowland Hydrangea.

Magnolia Coco. Slow growing as I read somewhere.

So it seems acclimatised hydrangea is still tricky.

Kaffir lime. It was quite neglected until recently I started giving her some fertilizer - the new leaves is the proof she's happy again.

The very abused strawberry is now potted here!

The Indian curry seedling that I repotted to a smaller pot to give way to lowland hydrangea.

Mixed of local aloe vera, cactus, succulents, Amaryllis, mint and chives.

 New ylang ylang bloom.
Haven't seen any growth in this longan.


Tuberose!

4 comments:

  1. Sorry for the double comment (forgot to select notify me). How do you germinate your edamame seeds? Mine has all been rotting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Leon

      Thanks for reaching and don't worry about double post. I did 2 methods - sow directly into soil (1 out of 5 rotted) and wet tissue (4 out of 5 rotted).

      Delete
    2. Interesting, current sow direct to soil 100% rot (out of maybe 20) Wet tissue getting some results (3 out of 15 germinate)

      Delete
    3. I kept the soil drier than usual though since i noticed they rot easier. I did wet tissue first. But yes you are right, result is interesting and contradictory! There's a fb group called Malaysian gardeners. Maybe you can get more tips from the members!

      Delete