Sunday, October 4, 2015

Aussia Haul

Was almost overjoyed when I found magnolia cuttings at Harris Farms Market. I've been wanting to plant a pink magnolia! I took the bunch that had the biggest stalks and after quick internet research, they might be of white variety. Trimmed most of the leaves off and perched them in a glass of water at the corner of the room that had the most sun.


A couple of nights later, we went to Harris Farm Markets again and I went to the flower area to search for pink magnolia, and this might be a good bet - they are of smaller and the leaves were longer.


Thai basil cuttings from pho shop. Don't waste!
  Another cutting of what I thought was Magnolia, from Reuben Hills' bathroom. Heh, I wonder what tree is this going to be.

Three variety of succulents that I picked up. 

Wanting to be as green as we can, we picked up seeds too.

Bought pink magnolia seeds (as backup) and Meyer Lemon seeds from eBay Australia.


This was the mother plant of the unknown cutting I took from Reuben Hills' bathroom. So pretty. 


Successfully brought home. Magnolia cuttings now serve as centre piece for the dining table while being water-rooted.

Thai basil.

No comments:

Post a Comment