Tuesday, May 6, 2014

We Stay at the Right Place

Our new place is full of Plumeria; the swimming pool area is full of the pink ones and even our parking sticker for the car is of Plumeria. How about that!


We were away for 4 days; I wasn't really using my head and hope for the best for my hydrangea - I forgot about my auto-watering bird so I came back to slightly wilted plants. Both hydrangeas aren't really happy after move-house - the sprouts are lighter in colour. The balsams are thriving outdoor. The tip of BF's monkey plant was injured during move-house so I had snip it off, now there are two new sprouts. The two new pitchers also kaput actually. Kind of sad.
Oh, I was welcomed by some mushrooms on my fiddle fig leaf. Bizarre, I know.


My plumerias are happy - Kauka Wilder saying hi with brand new leaves. 

My pale pink plumeria, which almost died whilst I was repotting, is growing well too. I can't say about the smaller cuttings though. Two of them rotted at the root when I pulled them out just now. I have also repotted the Adenium and changed the lemon tree's sticks to a longer one as it's growing taller and the lemons are getting heavy. Bought Yates Bio-Gold Plant Food and used them on the rooted plumerias, the balsam, lemon plant (leaves are getting yellow, possible low on nitrogen) and the hydrangeas.


Here are some of the floral pictures I took when we visited Osaka last weekend:

 The city was full of this flower in a shades of pink, red and white.

 Bonsais sold at Dainenbutsu-ji Temple.

 Gorgeous hydrangeas at a supermarket below the hotel. I'm rather jealous that hydrangeas are native to Japan, but then again... plumeria won't thrive there.

Cute daisies by the road while on the way to the aquarium.

Gingko tree near Dainenbutsu-ji temple.





No comments:

Post a Comment