Sunday, March 9, 2014

Got Plumeria?

So I went and got myself another Plumeria whilst waiting for the other 3 from Kuantan which are due to arrive in April.

Delicate shade of pink. I'm not so keen with its scent; stronger and thicker. Unlike this one, the deep red plumeria has a very delicate scent.
This time, I was more caution of selecting the cuttings, a fellow plumeria enthusiast shared that always do a gentle tug at the stem, if it comes out easily it's not rooted yet.
However I did break most of the roots during repotting. It was planted in clay so the soil fell apart (too dry) long with the delicate roots when I took it out from the vinyl bag.
A plumeria expert that I've consulted told me not to worry about it, it wouldn't affect the plant at all. Let's just hope so.

On a side note for my Cameron Hydrangea, it's getting sick. More buds start to wither and most of the leaves are turning red. There's no autumn or winter here so it wouldn't go dormant. What could have made it so?

No comments:

Post a Comment