Thursday, August 24, 2017

Oops I've Been Lazy

Lazy to do write an entry here anyway. Well I'm not as productive as I wanted to do also on gardening.
Anyway.... this is the progress of Rae's happiness is a plot. I'm contemplating if I still need to make a fence so Odyssey won't be able to take over the plot.

Seeds that I've sown since last week: African Marigold 'Fantastic Gold', Autumn Beauty Sunflower, Edamame, Snow pea, red okra, kohlrabi, red bowl salad lettuce, raab rapini, Canton pakchoy, chinese kale (Kailan) and carrot.

I also added mugwort into my edibles. I purchased saplings from Carousell and turned out that there's some growing out from a heap of compost the previous tenant left. 

My herb garden. What didn't survive - the parsleys and lavender. 

My dwarf plumeria was so water-clogged that it rotted bounced back and bloomed.

Also sowed the remaining of bachelor's button, balsam and evening primrose (primrose didn't germinate)

It's either lemon or mandarin.

My very cute maidenhair.

My adenium is a prolific bloomer and still suffers the same curse.

There are 5 mulberry bushes/trees on the compound and they suffered curled up shoots (fungal infection?) so I decided to prune them. Plus pruning encouraged them to fruit. 


My lowland hydrangeas show growth which is a great sign.

The heirloom tomatoes that I sowed turned out to be red zebras. A few split and I'm unsure if it's getting early blight of just too dry as the leaves are dried up. I had some for lunch today.


The jasmine-like plant that I rescued has paid back to me by flowering for me.

I'm very happy that I didn't kill the portulacas left by the previous tenant and they have started flowering. They are some planted in the pot and I'm thinking to move them to ground.

I actually also have a hibiscus growing close to the veggie plot although it's not doing so well lately. This was taken earlier this month.

I have also invested in a compost bin. Oh YAS.

 Just a random shot of the dogs enjoying the late noon.

No comments:

Post a Comment